Description and properties
Ofloxacin belongs to the group of the most powerful and universal antibiotic agents. These medications appointed to treat a variety of infectious diseases affecting vital systems of the human body, such as – respiratory, digestive, urogenital and others. This drug is one of the most popular among urologists involved in the treatment of prostatitis and its various forms. Ofloxacin belongs to fluoroquinolones. This drug group has an excellent antimicrobial and bactericidal action.
Indications for use
Ofloxacin has a wide range of action, so it is prescribed to treat a wide variety of diseases.
It is worth highlighting, in the first place:
- respiratory tract infections: pneumonia, bronchitis;
- the ENT infections: sinusitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis and others;
- other infection types: skin, bone, soft tissue diseases, diseases of the abdominal cavity, bile ducts, joints, genital and pelvic organs, including prostatitis.
Here are listed not all cases in which Ofloksatsin prescribes.
Major contraindications: hypersensitivity to the drug ingredients, epilepsy, post-stroke period, TBI, inflammatory processes in the central nervous system, cerebral circulation disorders.
The general side effects are:
- gastralgia, nausea, decreased appetite, diarrhea and more (digestive system);
- headache, motion uncertainty, dizziness, convulsions, numbness, depression and much more (nervous system);
- arthralgia, myalgia (musculoskeletal system);
- impaired color perception, balance, smell and hearing (the organs of the senses).
Frequently used in all types of prostatitis. Ofloxacin is used to treat prostate infections, Ofloxacin is used to treat prostatitis, Ofloxacin is used to treat acute prostatitis, Ofloxacin is used to treat chronic prostatitis, Ofloxacin is used to treat bacterial prostatitis, Ofloxacin is used to treat abacterial prostatitis, Ofloxacin is used to treat chronic bacterial prostatitis, Ofloxacin is used to treat chronic nonbacterial prostatitis, Ofloxacin is used to treat prostadynia