Noroxin (Norfloxacin), Antimicrobic remedy
Indications for use of the Noroksin medicine:
Inside – bacterial infections of the urinary tract (pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis), genital organs (prostatitis, cervicitis, endometritis), GIT (salmonellosis, shigellosis), uncomplicated gonorrhea. Prevention of infections for patients with granulocytopenia, travellers’ diarrhea.
Locally – external otitis, moderately acute otitis media, chronic otitis media; prevention of infectious complications after surgical intervention in an organ of hearing; conjunctivitis, keratitis, keratoconjunctivitis, corneal ulcers, blepharitis, blepharoconjunctivitis, meibomite (barley), dacryocystitis; prevention of eye infections after the removal of an extraneous body from the cornea or conjunctiva, after the damage by chemical agents, before and after surgical interventions in the eyes.
Hypersensitivity, pregnancy, lactation period, childhood and adolescence (under 18 years), deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. Cautiously use for: cerebral atherosclerosis, cerebral circulation disorder, epilepsy, epileptic syndrome, renal / hepatic insufficiency.
- On the side of the digestive system: decreased appetite, bitter taste in the mouth, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, pseudomembranous enterocolitis (on long-term administration), increased activity of “liver” transaminases.
- On the side of urinary system: crystalluria, glomerulonephritis, dysuria, polyuria, albuminuria, urethral bleeding, hypercreatininaemia.
- On the side of nervous system: headache, dizziness, fainting, insomnia, hallucinations.
- On the side of cardiovascular system: tachycardia, arrhythmias, decrease of blood pressure, vasculitis.
- Allergic reactions: skin itching, nettle rash, edema, malignant exudative erythema (Stevens-Johnson syndrome).
- On the side of sense organs (when topical application): visual disorders, burning and pain in eyes, congestion conjuctiva’s hyperemia, chemosis, photophobia.
- On the side of musculoskeletal system: arthralgia, tendinitis, tendon ruptures.
- On the side of blood-making organs: leukopenia, eosinophilia, reduction in hematocrit.
Other side effects: candidiasis. Overdose. Symptoms (3 g for 45 min): dizziness, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, “cold” sweat, puffy face without any changes in the basic hemodynamic parameters.
Treatment: gastric lavage, adequate hydration therapy with forced diuresis. It requires the survey and observation of a patient in hospital for several days. There is no specific antidote for the drug.
Frequently used in all types of prostatitis. Noroxin is used to treat prostate infections, Noroxin is used to treat prostatitis, Noroxin is used to treat acute prostatitis, Noroxin is used to treat chronic prostatitis, Noroxin is used to treat bacterial prostatitis,Noroxin is used to treat abacterial prostatitis, Noroxin is used to treat chronic bacterial prostatitis, Noroxin is used to treat chronic nonbacterial prostatitis, Noroxin is used to treat prostadynia