Description and properties of the drug
The medicinal drug Norfloxacin is a completely synthetic antibacterial agent that is part of the group of drugs of the fluoroquinolone series. The wide antimicrobial and bactericidal spectrum of the drug makes Norfloxacin an important medicinal remedy in prostatitis. The effect of the drug is directed to the so-called inhibition of DNA-gyrase cell of a harmful microorganism. This leads to disruption and stopping of the synthesized protein in bacterial cells and to their subsequent death.
Indications for use
The main indications of Norfloxacin in bacterial infections and infections are:
- Urinary tract: cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis;
- Genital organs: prostatitis, endometritis, cervicitis, ganorrhea;
- Gastrointestinal tract: shigellosis, salmonellosis;
- Often the drug is prescribed as an effective preventive agent.
Of particular note is the effectiveness of the appointment of Norfloxacin in the treatment of prostatitis.
The main contraindications are:
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug in particular and to preparations of the fluoroquinolone series in general. Also, contraindications include: age younger than 18 years, cerebral circulation disorder, epileptic syndrome, epilepsy and hepatic/renal failure.
The main side effects from:
- Digestive system: decreased appetite, nausea, bitter taste in the mouth, abdominal pain and some others.;
- Urinary system: polyuria, dysuria, urethral bleeding and others;
- CNS: dizziness, headache, fainting, hallucinations, insomnia;
- CCC: arrhythmia, tachycardia, lowering blood pressure.
Note that this is only the main part of the most frequent side effects. Also, side effects from other vital human systems are possible. Due to such a large number of these side effects the drug should be taken only as prescribed by the doctor.
Frequently used in all types of prostatitis. Norfloxacin in prostate infections, Norfloxacin in prostatitis, Norfloxacin in acute prostatitis, Norfloxacin in chronic prostatitis, Norfloxacin in bacterial prostatitis, Norfloxacin in abacterial prostatitis