Bactrim: indications for use
Bactrim is indicated for the treatment of infections:
- the genitourinary system: venereal lymphogranuloma, epididymitis, cystitis, pyelitis, pyelonephritis, gonorrhea, inguinal granuloma, soft chancre, urethritis, prostatitis;
- gastrointestinal tract: cholera, typhoid fever, dysentery, gastroenteritis, cholecystitis, cholangitis, paratyphoid, salmonellosis and salmonella;
- respiratory tract: acute and chronic bronchitis, pneumocystis pneumonia, bronchiectasis, pneumonia croup, bronchopneumonia;
- ENT organs: sore throats, laryngitis, scarlet fever, otitis media, sinusitis;
- soft tissues and skin: furunculosis, acne, pyoderma, as well as wound infections. In addition, Bactrim, according to reviews, has shown effectiveness in the treatment of brucellosis, malaria, osteoarticular infections, toxoplasmosis and South American blastomycosis.
- hypersensitivity to co-trimoxazole (sulfamethoxazole + trimethoprim) and to other components of the drug in the anamnesis; pronounced lesions of the liver parenchyma; acute renal failure (creatinine clearance less than 15 ml / min), if it is not possible to determine regularly plasma concentrations of the drug;
- blood diseases (aplastic anemia, B12-deficiency anemia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, megaloblastic anemia due to a deficiency of folic acid);
- nn combination with dofetilide;
- children up to 6 weeks;
- deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- III trimester of pregnancy.
With caution appoint under such conditions as porphyria, thyroid dysfunction, bronchial asthma, deficiency of folic acid.
From the nervous system:
- headache, dizziness;
- in some cases – aseptic meningitis, depression, apathy, tremor, peripheral neuritis.
On the part of the respiratory system:
- bronchospasm, pulmonary infiltrates.
On the part of the digestive system:
- nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite, diarrhea, gastritis, abdominal pain, glossitis, stomatitis, cholestasis, increased activity, hepatic;
- transaminases, hepatitis, hepatonecrosis, pseudomembranous enterocolitis.
From the hematopoiesis:
- leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, megaloblastic anemia.
From the urinary system:
- polyuria, interstitial nephritis, renal dysfunction, crystalluria, hematuria, increased urea concentration, hypercreatininaemia, toxic nephropathy with oliguria and anuria.
From the musculoskeletal system:
- arthralgia, myalgia.
- pruritus, photosensitivity, rash, multiforme exudative erythema (including Stevens-Johnson syndrome), toxic epidermal necrolysis (Lyell’s syndrome), exfoliative dermatitis, allergic myocarditis, fever, angioedema, hyperemia sclera.
- thrombophlebitis (in place of venipuncture), tenderness at the site of injection.
Frequently used in all types of prostatitis. Bactrim in prostate infections, bactrim in prostatitis, bactrim in acute prostatitis, bactrim in chronic prostatitis, bactrim in bacterial prostatitis, bactrim in abacterial prostatitis